The Chateau is committed to protecting your privacy. This notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you. This notice applies to personal information that we collect in connection with our website at www.thechateaurestaurant.co.uk and our various social media accounts.
The Chateau may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 25th May 2018
Information we collect when you contact us
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- Contact Form – When you contact us using our contact form, we collect the following information: your name, email address and information you include in the message field. If you do not provide the mandatory information required on our contact form, or consent to us using the information to reply to your message, you will not be able to submit the contact form so we will not receive your enquiry. Should you consent to us using the information supplied when using the contact form, your personal information will not be passed on to any third parties.
- Email – When you send an email to the email address displayed on our website we collect your email address and any other information you provide in that email (such as your name, email address, information contained in any signature block in your email).
- Telephone – When you contact us by telephone, we collect your phone number and any information provided to us during your conversation with us. We do not record phone calls.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or telephone. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
If you feel any of our content is relevant to your social networks, additional cookies may be generated via our social plug-ins when sharing the content with friends.
How to delete or disable cookies
The data controller of your personal information collected is The Chateau Restaurant, Coombe Lane, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 5RE.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy and Cookies Policy, please contact the data controller by emailing email@example.com
You may also request details of the personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. We do not charge for this service.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email the data controller us as soon as possible using address or email above. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.